Before addressing the salient qualities and characteristics of today’s best-rated cycling holiday coordinators, you should take a moment to understand just how prevalent and widespread cycling vacations have become during the past several years:
- According to a recent report, cycling holidays have surpassed golfing retreats, in terms of touristic popularity.
- As a matter of fact, there has been a 130% increase in cycling holiday bookings during the past five years, while golf trips have declined from 26 million to 19 million per annum during the same timespan.
- Based on these surveys and studies, it is estimated that almost 50 million people in Europe participate in multiple cycling vacations every year, which marks a massive increase over figures recorded in the early 2000s.
- The United Kingdom now features over 14,000 miles of cycling tracks and Europe has almost 50,000 miles of bike routes.
- The private and retail sales of bicycles in the UK have surged by almost 20% over the past 12 months.
Thus, more and more of us are beginning to pack moisture-wicking jerseys into our luggage to hit the trails and blaze new paths, which is why we’ve created this brief guide to help you ascertain exactly where to find a cycling holiday organiser in the present-day landscape.
Pick a Long-Standing Cycling Holiday Firm
If you’d like to avoid working with an impersonal agency that simply gives you a route map and sends you on your way without any support or guidance, you have to take the time to identify an established cycling holiday expert. The expert should:
- Have a minimum of two decades’ experience in the cycling holiday niche.
- Be owned, managed, and controlled by a family for multiple generations.
- Be authorised and certified by the Association of British Travel Agents.
- Offer full financial protection throughout the duration of your trip.
- Offer cost-effective itineraries and programmes that can fit into any kind of budget.
- Have easily accessible client testimonials and past reviews that allow you to peruse through a myriad of first-hand accounts and personal recommendations.
By adhering to these particulars and details, you’ll be able to circumvent overpriced, superficial tour organisers and, instead, partner with a compassionate, and knowledgeable firm that truly cares for your travel group.
Click on One of the Tour Packages and Peruse the Inclusions
Aside from confirming that your agency is trustworthy, upstanding, and reliable, you should also make sure that your organiser of choice can provide the following:
- Inclusive lodgings situated along your trail, ideally with 3-star hotels or better.
- Dinner vouchers and personalised dining arrangements.
- On-demand luggage transfers and baggage conveyance.
- Event and attraction passes available per request.
- Optional bike rentals for everyone in your group, including e-bikes and hybrid variants.
- Route-specific instructions, informational brochures, GPS tools, and other vital supplies.
To put it plainly, you’ll be best served by creating a connection with an organisation that can help you plan your entire trip down to the minute, as well as ensure that your travel unit will be properly tended to from start to finish. This is especially significant if you’ve never engaged in a cycling holiday and wish to prepare for every aspect long before heading to your actual destination.